Oragadam has earned a name for itself for many varied reasons and is referred to by different people by different names, namely ‘Chennai’s growth corridor’ or the ‘biggest automobile hub of South Asia’ and lately, ‘the rising star realty hubspot’. By whatever name you refer to Oragadam as, there is however one thing that remains unchanged- The incomparable value of this locality as a commercial hotspot and the stellar growth that is being seen in residential properties and plotting projects.
Once considered to be the outskirts of Chennai, Oragadam began rising steadily to the top with the increasing number of prolific industries that were set up here. Mainly renowned for its automobile companies, Oragadam has to its credit many other SEZ’s (special economic zones) such as the SIPCOT Industrial Park, IT corporations, Telecom and Electronic manufacturing companies among other multilayered organisations that have their base here.
Among the many notable corporations that are located in Oragadam, the town is most renowned for its automobile manufacturing belts that boast of big names such as Renault Nissan, Hyundai, Ford, Royal Enfield, Ashok Leyland, Apollo Tyres, Yamaha, TVS Group of Companies among other large corporations.
What’s more, its not just automobile that’s leading the way, there are a host of electronic MNC’s such as Motorola, Dell, Flextronics, Samsung, Bosch Electrical Drives India Private Limited among many other colossal and diverse corporations such as Moser Baer, Komatsu, Sanmina, Asian Paints Limited that are located here.
The upcoming Aerospace and defence park, which is located on the Sriperumbudur-Oragadam Road, is spread over 700 acres of land and offers quick accessibility to the Chennai International Airport and the Chennai Sea Port. The proposed Green Field Airport is just a few kms away besides which the park is accessible from Oragadam at a distance of less than 7 kms. The upcoming aerospace parks proximity paves the way for astounding capital appreciation for investors in Oragadam’s residential realty.
The location advantage
Among its many reasons for success, one can say that the chief reason for Oragadam’s rapid progress is the fact that it is strategically located.
- Positioned between the busy NH-4, Irungattukottai SIPCOT, Sriperumbudur and Sunguvarchatram Electronic city, Oragadam is the most favoured go-to residential destination for the massive workforce employed in these locations.
- The Grand Southern Trunk Road/ National Highway 45 lends Oragadam a critical advantage. Nonetheless, the locations proximity to the Grand Southern Trunk Road Special Economic Zone or ‘(SEZ) Corridor’ as it is also called, affords the area with quick accessibility to key SEZ’s such as Mahindra World City among others.
- The Vallam Vadekkal commerce zone is less than half hour away via the many arterial roads and highways connecting it to Oragadam. What’s more, the proposed forthcoming Vaipoor and Mathur SIPCOT’s are close at hand too.
- The key Oragadam SIPCOT is just 10 minutes away via the Automotive Corridor/ Singaperumalkoil – Sriperumbudur road.
- Moreover, the abounding commercial belt of Sriperumbudur SIPCOT is located at a distance of a mere 7 kms or 12 minutes away.
- The impressive Sriperumbudur SIPCOT is considered to be Asia’s largest IT Park where thousands of employees are employed in prestigious global corporations. Perhaps that is the reason why the Sriperumbudur SIPCOT is considered to be one of the key business epicentres of Chennai.
- As is already known, Sriperumbudur is a key industrial belt comprising of many notable industries and together with Oragadam, the Sriperumbudur – Oragadam belt has seen the establishment of over twenty-two Fortune 500 companies. What’s more, of these twenty-two Fortune 500 companies over 6 of them are colossal, multinational automobile manufacturers.
- The Sriperumbudur – Thiruvallur – Red hills Road or the state highway 57 is another key access point of Oragadam and provides the locality with the advantage of quick road and rail mobility to Sriperumbudur. Moreover, the Chennai Airport, harbour, Chennai Central and bus transportations are all easily accessible from Oragadam.
As can be understood, the locality has witnessed massive surges of growth propelled by the commercial growth, moreover the locations proximity to the key locations of Chennai have gone on to cement Oragadam’s position as one of the most lucrative realty locations over the last few years, not just for commercial land but even for its plots and residential apartment buildings.
The fact that land parcels are comparatively more reasonable besides the fact that it has always offered greater returns within a short time frame, go on to make investment in Oragadam a worthwhile proposition.
In the case of plots, families and working professionals appreciate the fact that Oragadam is well-established with schools, colleges, religious places of worship, healthcare facilities and transportation facilities not to mention the short distance to commercial zones besides which a good number of private / public banks are already set up here. The fact that these plots are highly affordable and allow for investors to build spacious houses makes investments in plots in Oragadam a brilliant investment idea.
Already well established with industries and SEZ parks, investors are waiting with bated breath for the development of the upcoming 300-crore Oragadam Industrial Corridor Road which will boost the mercantile capabilities in the Oragadam-Sriperumbudur belt. The project is being executed by the Tamil Nadu Road Infrastructure Development Corporation (TNRIDC) and is funded through the State Highways Department.
Moreover, there are proposals to build a Financial City in the same belt. There are hopes that the Financial City will not only be a massive job creator but also act as a major medium for enhancing Chennai’s position as a premium financial hub in the country.