Monsoon is a season to relish hot snacks with hot tea or coffee in a house which has been taken care off for the season. The tips to protect your house in the upcoming monsoon season have been listed below:
- The walls and roofs with cracks and holes are the places for the growth of Moss and fungus in the humid monsoon season. These are very harmful for the people living in the houses thus before monsoon starts one should check, locate and repair the cracks.
- To avoid seepage of rain water in to the house, one should paint the exterior of the house with waterproofing coat of paint.
- The rain water harvesting pipes needs to be checked and ensured that they are not having water clogging on the roof for water stagnation
- To avoid accidents from electrical shock, one should check the external wiring and repair them before the season starts
- To avoid rusting doors and windows with metal needs to be repainted and sunshades over the windows should be checked and overhauled
- Water accumulation should be avoided around the house for the fresh water mosquitoes to be breaded so puddles of water should be cleared then and there.
- Furniture should be kept dry and away from walls to avoid the moisture transfer.
- Wooden doors, windows and furniture should be waxed and oiled to keep it from swelling during the season.
- Naphthalene balls should be kept in wooden wardrobes to keep moisture at bay
- Carpets and rugs should be rolled up for the season to avoid moisture and filth accumulating in them.
Thus are the tips to be kept in before the monsoon season strikes. If adhered to the tips much damage can be avoided.